Privacy & Security
- This privacy notice discloses the privacy practice for Goodwill Home Medical Equipment. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. It will notify you on the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security process in place to protect the misuse of your information
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to / collect information that you voluntarily give us via e-mail or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your personal information with any third party outside of r organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
- Our Organization is supported in part by a grant from Disability Rights in New Jersey, a private non- profit consumer directed organization established to:
- Advocate for and advance the human, civil and legal rights of citizens of New Jersey with disabilities;
- Promote public awareness and recognition of individuals with disabilities as equally entitled members of society;
- Advise and assist persons with disabilities, family members, attorneys and guardians in obtaining and protecting the rights of individuals with disabilities; and
- Provide education, training and technical assistance to individuals with disabilities, the agencies that serve them, advocates, attorneys, professionals, court and other regarding the rights of individuals with disabilities.
- Answers to our voluntary questions at checkout are separate from your personal information (except zip-code), and collated for the purpose of researching the reutilization of assistive technology in the State of New Jersey, and the USA.
- Your Access to and Control Over Information
- You may opt out of any future contacts form us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the e-mail address or phone number given on our website.
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change / correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
- We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both on line and off line.
- Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us on a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
- While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted on line, we also protect your information off line. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computer / server in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.